- This module provides simple popup block like that of sumo.me. Sometimes we need to display popup blocks which interacts with the user. Example, Get a Quote, Newsletter subscription forms. Using this module, the user can and their webforms to a block which is a popup and style it as well. After this, the user can specify when to display the popup to the user. Example, 5 seconds after the user is on the page, when the user scrolls to 50% of page and so on. The user can also add custom styles to the block.
- In my previous article, I had written a very simple and basic reverse proxy. It is just like Nginx but without all the usefulness. In this new code, I have used tokio.rs. Tokio provides runtimes for asynchronous programming. A runtime bundles services together and makes a single type of (for want of a better word) process, service, runtime, etc. This makes it easier to shut down, started, etc. In the code below, I have used TcpStream and TcpListener from the tokio library and not std. I have also spawned for tokio threads and within that, tokio tasks, which are sort of like green threads, but not quite because Rust does not natively support it.
- I wanted the application I write to be able to run well on a raspberry pi zero. And Rust could do all this extremely well. Apart from that, Rust is the safest language ever. And it's not like when Java says that it's secure. Rust means it and has gone above and beyond to make sure you can only write safe and secure code. It does this because it has one of the most advanced and thorough compilers, that WILL NOT compile your code unless it is safe. I choose Rust. Q.E.D.
- Even default Apple applications like Safari, provide very few useful actions from the touch bar. Even then, I mean c'mon, who uses Safari. So Apple should really re-think how to provide a more useful touch bar. Meanwhile, smart developers have provided a solution to make your Macbook touch bar more useful. The best such solution is My Touchbar My Rules (MTMR).
- For hosting Drupal applications, it is better to go with a hosting platform that promises support specifically for Drupal. There are many such platforms, Platform.sh, Acquia, Pantheon. Let's compare the two leading one's from a slightly different user perspective.
- Angular Material is the "Material Design" approach to making web apps in Angular. I have tried out some of this and it seems very easily doable. But I did find it difficult to get to the right way of doing things due to a lack of proper working examples. The documentation is very limited because there is a lot more you can do outside of what's described in the documentation. One such example is what I'm about demonstrate here.
- As you may have noticed, my domain name is now abh.ai. I've been wanting to change my domain name for some time now, for many reasons. People are often surprised that .xyz is a legitimate domain name despite abc.xyz. Plus, If it weren't for my friends, this change would never have happened. They, very astutely, pointed out that it sounds like the domain name of a porn site.